Join other intrepid armchair travelers as our virtual knitting tour visits four exotic and interesting destinations. Our shipments will send you around the world with four themed packages, each containing a new and exclusive colorway on one of our favorite base yarns, a coordinating pattern, souvenirs and treats, and our travel guide that brings each destination to life.
Of course, the travel is all imaginary. But you’ll be able to picture yourself in each destination with the four great accessories we’ll be knitting and wearing together. We are working with two well-known designers and two new and talented designers this year - Joji Locatelli, Ann Weaver, Debbi Stone, and Lea Viktoria. We think you’ll love their creative and interesting projects.
Our projects this year will all use between 500 to 800 yards of fingering weight or heavy laceweight yarn, on needle sizes in the range of 3 to 6. If you’re a newer knitter, these accessory projects will help build skills and gently stretch your knitting muscles. For experienced knitters, these will be relaxing and fun. We also have a Ravelry group for all your travel anticipation, excitement, knit-alongs, questions, knitting support, and prizes.
We are continuing to offer an installment payment plan. If you choose to pay in two installments, we will contact you for the second payment, due no later than February 15, 2014.
The 2014 Knitting Tour includes four shipments.
Each package will contain:
- Yarn specifically dyed for the destination, evocative of the destination
- A pattern designed in the yarn and color, evocative of the destination
- Any sundries necessary for the design (beads, buttons, etc; needles are not included)
- Souvenirs chosen to tie the design to the destination
- A booklet of information about the destination
Packages will ship in March, June, September, and December.
The patterns will also be added to your Ravelry library for easy reference (or emailed, if you prefer)
Our Tour Guide will be available in our Ravelry group to address any concerns you may have about the trip, and help with any knitting questions.
- Thursday, December 12, 2013 at 12 noon EST to Tuesday, December 24, 2013 at 5 p.m. EST
- Thursday, January 1, 2014 at 12 noon EST to mid-February (or until memberships are sold out).