- Sign up for the 2017 Knitting Tour here
- Have more questions? See the Knitting Tour FAQ
- Knitting Tour Ravelry group for chatter and knit-alongs
- See all past projects on our Knitting Tour Pinterest Board
2017 Knitting Tour
Join other intrepid armchair travelers as our virtual knitting tour visits four exotic and interesting destinations. Our shipments will send you around the world with four themed packages, each containing a new and exclusive colorway on one of our favorite base yarns, a coordinating pattern, souvenirs and treats, and our travel guide that brings each destination to life.
Of course, the travel is all imaginary. But you’ll be able to picture yourself in each destination with the four great accessories we’ll be knitting and wearing together. Our four wonderful designers for 2017 will be Casapinka, Asa Tricosa, Olga Buraya-Kefelian, and Laura Nelkin. We think you’ll love their creative and interesting projects.
The projects will include knitted neck accessories such as cowls and shawls. The yarn weights included in the club will range from light fingering to worsted, and Babs will dye original and club-exclusive colorways for each shipment.
In general, if you’re a newer knitter, these projects will help build skills and gently stretch your knitting muscles. For experienced knitters, these will be relaxing and fun. We also have a Ravelry group for all your travel anticipation, excitement, knit-alongs, questions, knitting support, and prizes.
The 2017 Knitting Tour includes four shipments.
Each package will contain:
- Yarn specifically dyed for the destination, evocative of the destination
- A pattern designed in the yarn and color, evocative of the destination
- Any sundries necessary for the design (beads, buttons, etc; needles are not included)
- Souvenirs chosen to tie the design to the destination
- A booklet of information about the destination
Packages will ship in March, June, September, and December.
The patterns will also be added to your Ravelry library for easy reference.
Our Tour Guide will be available in our Ravelry group to address any concerns you may have about the trip, and help with any knitting questions.
Travel with your projects in style! An optional 2017 Knitting Tour project bag with fabric designed especially for us by Franklin Habit will be available for purchase.
The Ticket Window (sign-ups) will be open for two time periods:
- Monday, December 12, 2016 at 7 a.m. EST to Saturday, December 24, 2016 at 5 p.m. EST.
- Sunday, January 1, 2017 at 12 noon EST to mid-February (or until memberships are sold out).
- The cost will be $265 for shipments to the USA; $295 to Canada; $335 for the rest of the world.
- We will be offering the option of installment payments as in previous years.