- Sign up for the 2018 Knitting Tour here
- Have more questions? See the Knitting Tour FAQ
- Knitting Tour Ravelry group for chatter and knit-alongs
- See all past projects on our Knitting Tour Pinterest Board
2018 Knitting Tour
Join other intrepid armchair travelers as our travel-themed club visits four interesting knitterly destinations. Our shipments will send you around the world with four themed packages, each containing a new and exclusive colorway on one of our favorite base yarns, a coordinating pattern, souvenirs and treats, and our travel guide that brings each destination to life.
Of course, the travel is all imaginary. But you’ll be able to picture yourself in each destination with the four great accessories we’ll be knitting and wearing together. Our four fabulous designers for 2018 are, in no particular order, Janina Kallio, Ambah O'Brien, Ysolda Teague, and Jennifer Weissman.
2018 will be the final year of our travel-themed club. We're planning something new, fun, and different for 2019 and beyond!
The projects will be a variety of shawls and wraps. The yarn weights included in the club will range from light fingering to worsted, and Babs will dye original and club-exclusive colorways for each shipment. There will be a Gradient Set and the option of some variegated choices this year!
In general, if you’re a newer knitter, these projects will help build skills and gently stretch your knitting muscles. For experienced knitters, these will be relaxing and fun. We also have a Ravelry group for all your travel anticipation, excitement, knit-alongs, questions, knitting support, and prizes.
Registration for the Knitting Tour tends to fill quickly! The first block of memberships will be available from now until December 24 (or until these sell out); a limited number of remaining memberships will be available again after January 1 until we sell all memberships.
The 2018 Knitting Tour includes four shipments.
Each package will contain:
- Yarn specifically dyed for the destination, evocative of the destination
- A pattern designed in the yarn and color, evocative of the destination
- Any sundries necessary for the design (beads, buttons, etc; needles are not included)
- Souvenirs chosen to tie the design to the destination
- A booklet of information about the destination
Packages will ship in March, June, September, and December.
The patterns will also be added to your Ravelry library for easy reference.
Our Tour Guide will be available in our Ravelry group to address any concerns you may have about the trip, and help with any knitting questions.
The Ticket Window (sign-ups) will be open for two time periods:
- Monday, December 11, 2017 at 7 a.m. EST to Sunday, December 24, 2017 at 5 p.m. EST.
- Monday, January 1, 2018 at 12 noon EST to mid-February (or until memberships are sold out).
- The cost will be $295 for shipments to the USA; $325 to Canada; $365 for the rest of the world.
- We will be offering the option of installment payments as in previous years.