Bring May Flowers!
Our next show is Maryland Sheep and Wool, held the first weekend of May - May 3 and 4 on the Howard County Fairgrounds in West Friendship, Maryland. If you have never been, it's a great show with lots of vendors and LOTS of critters! Generally beautiful spring weather and a great time is had by all.
I absolutely love this show! The sights and smells are fun to experience. One of my favorite things, when I wasn't a vendor, was watching the Sheep to Shawl event on Sunday. It is incredible to watch a fleece go from being on a sheep to being a woven shawl. I almost won one of the shawls during the afternoon auction. There are sheep shearing demos and competitions, sheepdog trials, the skein and garment competition... the list goes on and on.
Many folks feel that eating lamb when there are sheep around is somehow upsetting to the sheep. I know that I love being able to get lamb gyros at the festival, since my husband doesn't care for lamb. There are also other kinds of festival food to enjoy!
I dyed a fair amount of yarn before we headed to Stitches South, but we are on a mad dash to dye some more lovelies for you to select from. Please be aware that we are bringing only some of our yarn bases. Our booth is located at the end of the Main Exhibition Hall, booth number B35.
At Maryland Sheep and Wool, we are bringing:
- Yummy 2-Ply
- Yet Lace
- Sojourn (cashmere and silk fingering) a gorgeous yarn perfect for cowls such as Veronica Parsons' Street Scenes and Louise Zass-Bangham's Song of the Sea
- We will also have lots of Katahdin and Kilimanjaro - which are huge skeins (1750 yards) of light fingering weight BFL and BFL-nylon that are great for Viajante and other light fingering weight sweaters.
- We will also be bringing lots of Polydactyl sets that are great for Martina Behm's Tubularity or Ann Weaver's Albers Cowl. We are working on some other patterns that will look great in these sets!
- We will also be bringing Gradient Sets that are great for Debbi Stone's Spectral and Traliccio patterns.
- We will have limited quantities of the 2014 MDSW special edition colorway on Yummy 2-Ply and Cosmic available each morning. (As always, the color will be a surprise!)
Back to the dye table!! See you soon!