Keira is a really wonderful yarn that was developed for us to include some characteristics that we really love! There are 4 plies that are twisted tight for good wear and to reduce halo, but the yarn is also squishy and bouncy. You can pull on the strand and it bounces back.
The skeins are big like we like them - 560 yards - and the size of the yarn is a heavy fingering to light sport. Keira is great for shawls, heavier socks, tees, sweaters, hats, and much more.
I knit a Match & Move in Graphic and Ebony and absolutely adore the feel of the yarn and the finished garment! We wanted to show some additional possible pairings of colors here, although the possibilities are endless.
We hope you'll enjoy coming up with your own combination and knitting a Match & Move of your own.
Some other 2-color patterns to check out include:
- Elfe - a striped top-down seamless pullover
- Drachenfels - 3-color striped shawl with eyelets
- Matchmaker - diagonal striped loop with interesting construction
- Cameo - garter stitch shawl with lace detail
- Assante - gradated stripes in a semicircular shawl
- Zephyr Cove - shawl with leaf and lace details
- Foolproof - another diagonal cowl with clever construction
And some 1-color shawl patterns: