I am getting ready to go to Fibre Space in Alexandria, VA. Danielle Romanetti, owner of Fibre Space, has been a strong supporter of mine since opening over a year ago in the Old Town section of Alexandria. This will be my second trunk show at her store.
I will be setting up this Friday, September 17. There is a reception on Friday night with folks who have tickets (no tickets required!) (But only so many people can be in the shop at one time! so you may have to stand in line!) I am doing a Color workshop on Saturday morning, and then will be available all Saturday afternoon to talk and meet folks! Please come by!
So here's how the studio looked 2 nights ago when I left to go home (walk across the driveway).
I have been dyeing a lot as I get ready for this show - yarns and fiber! I will be bringing some new goodness with me for the folks in Alexandria to test out!
New goodies this year include:
- Polwarth Top - this fiber is the result of a cross of merino and lincoln sheep breeds. Creating a soft fiber with more sheen than merino.
- Moo & Ewe - a light fingering weight yarn that is a blend of milk fiber and merino...with 500 yards, enough for a lot of the shawlette patterns that are out there right now! This also has a sheen that is luscious and this takes colors beautifully. Wonderful for that elegant little holiday shawlette!
- Liaison - a 50/50 blend of merino and cultivated silk with about 245 yards per skein and 4 ounces. Great for a scarf, or for a larger project! This is a single ply, but the silk will keep it from pilling like so many singles do.
- The Bridal Collection of Colors in lace-weight on Yasmin. Danielle and I have been talking about this for awhile. I am bring 10-15 colors that are suitable for many brides and also for their bridesmaids' shawls. If you haven't seen or worked with this lace-weight, you are missing out!
- Colors you have never seen before! in all weights of yarn!
There will be lots of Yowza and sport weight for sweater projects. Lots of Yummy sock yarn! Looking forward to seeing you all at Fibre Space!