We're getting ready to head back to Texas for this year's DFW Fiber Fest! The vendor lineup looks amazing this year and as always DFWFF has put on a great slate of classes.
DFW Fiber Fest is held September 14-17, 2023, at the Irving Convention Center in Irving, TX.
As always, we can't squeeze it all in... so we'll be bringing an assortment of our favorite yarns, including:
- Yowza and Yowza Minis (DK weight superwash Merino wool)
- Yummy 2-Ply (plus Gradient Sets, Mini Bundles, and Toe Trios), (fingering weight superwash Merino wool)
- Katahdin (huge skeins of light-fingering weight BFL)
- Damask (a great silk-linen blend for hot weather garments)
- Avon (merino-silk fingering weight)
- Sojourn (luxurious cashmere and silk fingering weight)
- Moonglow (kid mohair and silk laceweight)
- Plus we'll have the samples from our new Fall 2023 Pattern Collection, with some extra yarns like Yet and Tarte for those.
We will also be bringing along a new show colorway just for DFW Fiber Fest! (Always a surprise until the day of the show).
And last but not least, our newest yarn will make its debut at the show. We can't wait to introduce you to Laurel Falls, our new sport weight superwash Shaniko Merino wool. It's an all-American yarn; the wool comes from Merino and Merino/Rambouillet sheep raised in the Great Basin Region of the American west.
These sheep are specifically selected and bred for not only a consistently fine, long staple wool, but for their ability to thrive on the open pasture in range conditions while giving back to the land as they eat their way through harmful flora – helping the land to thrive. And of course the yarn is gorgeously soft and squishy! We think you're going to love it.
Can't wait to see you in Texas!