Each year as it comes to a close I like to ponder the year past and the year coming. I also have the opportunity at this same time to write a blog post about gratitude as we prepare for the Annual Miss Babs Gratitude Sale. The benefit of this is that gratitude tends to infuse how I think about the years going and coming -- I like that.
So how did the Annual Gratitude Sale come into being? Probably 10 or so years ago, I came to the end of the year, and I realized I wanted to find a way to thank my customers for being my customers and supporting me and all of the Miss Babs Team. And the way I decided to do that was to have a sale of 20% off most everything on the website.
So here we come to the end of 2017. What a year! My life has changed so significantly because of the loss of my husband, because the political landscape has been so noisy (I think that’s a nice way of saying that), and because of our move to a new studio building.
Again I find myself incredibly grateful for the love and support I have received throughout this year from my coworkers, friends, family, and from my customers and the knitting community in general. Without all of you... well I just cannot thank you enough.
And now to the fine print….
During the Gratitude Sale, all in-stock items (except gift certificates) are 20% off. No coupon codes are needed.
We will begin shipping orders on Tuesday, December 26. Orders are processed in the order in which they are placed on the website. We are estimating that it may take up to two weeks to ship sale orders - but we have all hands on deck and we will be doing our very best to get your yarn to you as quickly as possible!
- All sales of discounted items are FINAL. Items sold at a discount are not eligible for returns or exchanges.
- The sale is on in-stock items only.
- Yarn winding is not available during the sale.
- We cannot combine multiple orders.
- The sale is on online orders only. No phone orders will be accepted during the sale.
- We will be unable to offer the sale price before December 25 or after December 31. In the event that the website incorrectly sells items at the full price during the duration of the sale, we will refund you the difference so that you get the sale price.
- We’ll do our best to match multiple skeins. If we don't have matching skeins we will contact you with the choice to ship the mis-matched skeins or refund those skeins. In the event that our inventory is wrong and we do not have part of your order, we will refund that skein and ship the rest of your order.
- While we do our very best to capture colors accurately, everyone's monitor is different and we cannot be responsible for your display settings. Babettes vary from skein to skein and batch to batch, and the yarn you receive will differ somewhat from the photograph on the website. Searching for the color name in the search bar on the website will give you an idea of the range of possibilities for a color.
- We are unable to help with color selection via phone or email, and we will not be able to answer the phone at all, due to the volume of orders and our desire to get them out in a timely manner. We will have a dedicated thread in our Ravelry group for general questions.
We know this is a reduction in our normal level of service, but these steps are necessary to get the most yarn out to the most people as quickly as possible. Thank you again!