The Miss Babs team is excited for SAFF, the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair! We have been dyeing up a storm for this year’s festival, October 28-30 at the WNC Agricultural Center in Asheville, NC. We've packed up all kinds of beautiful yarns to inspire you this year.
You can find us in booths 409-413 in the Davis Arena. You can find a vendor map of the Davis Arena here.
However, we don’t bring all of our yarns. If it’s not on the list below, it’s staying home and here on the website.
We will have a wide variety of monochrome colors across our range, and probably more Wild Irises (one of a kind colorways) than Babettes (repeatable variegated colorways). You'll be able to pick up something truly unique!
Yarn we’re bringing:
- Yowza (light worsted weight, 100% superwash merino)
- Yummy 2-Ply (fingering weight, 100% superwash merino) and 2-Ply Toes
- Caroline (fingering weight, 70-20-10 MCN)
- Yummy 3-Ply (sport weight, 100% superwash merino)
- Keira (heavy fingering weight, big skeins of 100% superwash merino with a 4-ply construction)
- Hot Shot (fingering weight sock yarn, 80-20 merino-nylon)
- Sojourn (fingering weight cashmere and silk)
- Killington (sport weight Polwarth wool and silk)
- Gradient Sets, Polydactyl Sets, and Shawl Sets (in Yummy 2-Ply and Caroline)
- Kunlun (DK weight merino-cashmere-silk)
- Kaweah (DK weight superwash merino)
- K2 (chunky 100% merino)
- Silk Hankies
- Wild Silk (lace weight tussah silk) in Sets for Taboo
- As always, our annual locally and seasonally inspired secret surprise limited edition SAFF Colorway, available each morning until we sell out on a variety of bases (limit two skeins per customer please)
- Patterns (and samples to look at, including our Fall 2016 Collection)
- Stitch markers, Fleegle Beaders, and project bags
- Destash items including undyed yarns and second-quality dyed yarns
- Woodbury, our newest yarn:
Woodbury made its debut at Rhinebeck and we are happy to be bringing it to you at SAFF too! Woodbury is the fingering weight version of one of our long-time favorite yarns, Yet. With a 3-ply construction, it is round and smooth, and works up with a crisp hand. Woodbury holds blocking well and we think you’ll enjoy using it in lace projects as well as sweaters. It is 65% Merino wool and 35% Tussah silk at a great price, just $24 for a 400-yard skein.
SAFF was our first big show twelve years ago, and our 'home show'. We're looking forward to seeing lots of friendly faces, old and new! Hope to see you there.