We've enjoyed reading and knitting along with our Book Club over the past 2 years, so we are going to continue into 2021!
We have chosen 3 works of fiction for 2021 that will spark your imagination and keep you guessing. Our designers and our dyeing will be inspired by the book selections.
The 2020 Miss Babs Book Club will go on sale on Thursday, December 10, 2020.
- Our club will include THREE shipments, to be sent in March, June, and September.
- The projects will be shawls and wraps at an advanced beginner to intermediate skill level.
- You do NOT have to read the books to participate (although we think you'll enjoy doing so!), and copies of the books are NOT included in the price of the club - we'll have suggestions for getting these books whether in paper, electronic copies, audiobook format, or from your local library.
- We'll host read-alongs and knit-alongs in our Ravelry group.
- The yarns will be a range of weights from heavy lace to DK, and Babs will dye an original and club-exclusive colorway for each shipment.
- 2021's designers are Rose Beck, Michael Harrigan, and Tiziana Sammuri. We invite you to check out their previous designs for a sense of the (gorgeous!) work they do.
- The cost will be $230 for shipments to the USA; $260 to Canada; $280 for the rest of the world.
- We will be offering the option of installment payments as in previous years.
In general, if you’re a newer knitter, these projects will help build skills and gently stretch your knitting muscles. For experienced knitters, these will be relaxing and fun. We also have a Ravelry group for all your excitement, knit-alongs, read-alongs, questions, knitting support, and prizes.
The first block of memberships will be available from December 10 until December 24 (or until these sell out); a limited number of remaining memberships will be available again after January 1 until we sell all memberships.
The 2021 Book Club includes three shipments.
Each package will contain:
- A book recommendation (no books themselves are included)
- Yarn specifically dyed for the project, evocative of something we’ve found inspiring in the book
- A pattern designed in the yarn and color, inspired by the book
- Any sundries necessary for the design (beads, buttons, etc; needles are not included), plus stitch markers or other related accessories
- A brief bit of background on the book, author, and/or setting
- Packages will ship in March, June, and September 2021
The patterns will be distributed electronically through Ravelry, either gifted to your Ravelry ID to store in your library or sent to you via email.
We will be available in our Ravelry group to help with any knitting questions and discuss the books. Of course, you're always welcome to email us!